Spike TV has ordered 10 episodes of Frankenfood, a nonscripted series that follows superstar chef Josh Capon as he travels across the country in search of revolutionary culinary creations. In each episode, local amateur food innovators compete head-to-head in order to get their unexpected food concoctions onto the menu of a popular local restaurant, win a $10,000 cash grand prize and possibly create the next big food craze. The creations will be judged by Capon, cheesesteak impresario Tony Luke Jr. along with a rotating panel of culinary experts. Capon is the seasoned executive chef and partner behind Lure Fishbar, B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco in New York City. The series is produced by Sharp Entertainment with Bob Larson and Matt Sharp serving as executive producers. Frankenfood will premiere in Spring 2014.
Spike TV’s ‘Frankenfood’ Picked Up To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser