Spike TV has ordered 10 episodes of Frankenfood, a nonscripted series that follows superstar chef Josh Capon as he travels across the country in search of revolutionary culinary creations. In each episode, local amateur food innovators compete head-to-head in order to get their unexpected food concoctions onto the menu of a popular local restaurant, win a $10,000 cash grand prize and possibly create the next big food craze. The creations will be judged by Capon, cheesesteak impresario Tony Luke Jr. along with a rotating panel of culinary experts. Capon is the seasoned executive chef and partner behind Lure Fishbar, B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco in New York City. The series is produced by Sharp Entertainment with Bob Larson and Matt Sharp serving as executive producers. Frankenfood will premiere in Spring 2014.
Spike TV’s ‘Frankenfood’ Picked Up To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World