Spike TV has ordered 10 episodes of Frankenfood, a nonscripted series that follows superstar chef Josh Capon as he travels across the country in search of revolutionary culinary creations. In each episode, local amateur food innovators compete head-to-head in order to get their unexpected food concoctions onto the menu of a popular local restaurant, win a $10,000 cash grand prize and possibly create the next big food craze. The creations will be judged by Capon, cheesesteak impresario Tony Luke Jr. along with a rotating panel of culinary experts. Capon is the seasoned executive chef and partner behind Lure Fishbar, B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco in New York City. The series is produced by Sharp Entertainment with Bob Larson and Matt Sharp serving as executive producers. Frankenfood will premiere in Spring 2014.
Spike TV’s ‘Frankenfood’ Picked Up To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back
- The Horse’s Mouth 8: The Importance Of Feeling Important