Spike TV has ordered 10 episodes of Frankenfood, a nonscripted series that follows superstar chef Josh Capon as he travels across the country in search of revolutionary culinary creations. In each episode, local amateur food innovators compete head-to-head in order to get their unexpected food concoctions onto the menu of a popular local restaurant, win a $10,000 cash grand prize and possibly create the next big food craze. The creations will be judged by Capon, cheesesteak impresario Tony Luke Jr. along with a rotating panel of culinary experts. Capon is the seasoned executive chef and partner behind Lure Fishbar, B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco in New York City. The series is produced by Sharp Entertainment with Bob Larson and Matt Sharp serving as executive producers. Frankenfood will premiere in Spring 2014.
Spike TV’s ‘Frankenfood’ Picked Up To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video