EXCLUSIVE: Sophie Turner is continuing to make inroads in a film career, joining Hailee Steinfeld, Jessica Alba and Samuel L. Jackson in Barely Lethal. Kyle Newman directs the action comedy written by John D’Arco that centers on a 16-year-old assassin (Steinfeld) who fakes her own death in pursuit of a “normal” adolescence. RKO Pictures, Hopscotch Pictures and Brett Ratner’s Rat Entertainment produce. Turner will play an undercover agent who enrolls in high school to help capture the teen. Turner, who has played Sansa Stark on HBO’s Game Of Thrones since the series’ inception, is making her feature film debut starring in Isabel Coixet’s supernatural thriller Another Me, the Fox International pic that has a berth at next month’s Rome Film Festival. She is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sophie Turner Joins ‘Barely Lethal’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency