EXCLUSIVE: Sophie Turner is continuing to make inroads in a film career, joining Hailee Steinfeld, Jessica Alba and Samuel L. Jackson in Barely Lethal. Kyle Newman directs the action comedy written by John D’Arco that centers on a 16-year-old assassin (Steinfeld) who fakes her own death in pursuit of a “normal” adolescence. RKO Pictures, Hopscotch Pictures and Brett Ratner’s Rat Entertainment produce. Turner will play an undercover agent who enrolls in high school to help capture the teen. Turner, who has played Sansa Stark on HBO’s Game Of Thrones since the series’ inception, is making her feature film debut starring in Isabel Coixet’s supernatural thriller Another Me, the Fox International pic that has a berth at next month’s Rome Film Festival. She is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sophie Turner Joins ‘Barely Lethal’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures