Here’s an original idea: A horror-themed game show. Sony Pictures Television‘s UK production joint venture Gogglebox created and is producing Release The Hounds, a one-hour format that mixes the two genres by sending three unsuspecting contestants into a forest at dusk as they seek out chests full of prize money. Little do they know, in order to win big, they’ll face the “scariest challenges ever endured on TV” — those include navigating a field of crucified scarecrows, descending beneath the floorboards in a deserted cabin, and reading bedtime stories in the nursery from hell. The ultimate challenge is to outrun a pack of hounds who are trained to guard the cash. ITV2 has given the first commission to the show and will air the UK version as a special later this month, in time for Halloween. Executive producers are Gogglebox founders Adam Wood and Mat Steiner. The format will be presented to international buyers at MIPCOM next week.
Sony Pictures TV Launches Horror Game Show ‘Release The Hounds’ With ITV2 Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Multiple Buyers Take ‘The Oath’; Baltasar Kormakur Thriller Is Iceland’s #1 2016 Pic
- Gaumont Takes English-Language Remake Rights To Korean Zombie Hit ‘Train To Busan’
- Scaling ‘The Great Wall’: Has Legendary Built A New China-Hollywood Model?
- China’s Huahua Media Boards Paramount’s ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Working Title In Talks With Paul Dano For 1970s Hitman Thriller ‘The Englishman’
- RealD, Shanghai Redstar Macalline Building More Chinese Premium Cinemas; Former Warner Bros Exec Joins Qube Cinema…