PREVIOUSLY, Oct 11 PM: EXCLUSIVE: Elias Plishner is in negotiations to take on the title of EVP Worldwide Digital Marketing at Sony Pictures. We’re hearing that the talks could take awhile, but when the deal makes it would fill the hole left when Dwight Caines was elevated from that post to head of marketing at the studio following the surprise departure last month of Marc Weinstock. Plishner, currently carries the SVP title and would report to his former digital boss Caines. In the new role, he would be tasked with leading the strategic planning and creative direction on the studio’s online campaigns. In the same position Caines worked on more than 200 campaigns for films like Spider-Man and The Da Vinci Code franchises, Casino Royale, the Underworld and Resident Evil franchises and District 9. The marketing shakeup comes after Sony had a rough summer with films After Earth, Elysium, The Smurfs 2, and White House Down.
It’s Official: Sony Pictures Sets Elias Plishner To Head Digital Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Jack O’Connell Cast As Alexander McQueen In Pathé’s Untitled Biopic
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'