PREVIOUSLY, Oct 11 PM: EXCLUSIVE: Elias Plishner is in negotiations to take on the title of EVP Worldwide Digital Marketing at Sony Pictures. We’re hearing that the talks could take awhile, but when the deal makes it would fill the hole left when Dwight Caines was elevated from that post to head of marketing at the studio following the surprise departure last month of Marc Weinstock. Plishner, currently carries the SVP title and would report to his former digital boss Caines. In the new role, he would be tasked with leading the strategic planning and creative direction on the studio’s online campaigns. In the same position Caines worked on more than 200 campaigns for films like Spider-Man and The Da Vinci Code franchises, Casino Royale, the Underworld and Resident Evil franchises and District 9. The marketing shakeup comes after Sony had a rough summer with films After Earth, Elysium, The Smurfs 2, and White House Down.
It’s Official: Sony Pictures Sets Elias Plishner To Head Digital Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking