PREVIOUSLY, Oct 11 PM: EXCLUSIVE: Elias Plishner is in negotiations to take on the title of EVP Worldwide Digital Marketing at Sony Pictures. We’re hearing that the talks could take awhile, but when the deal makes it would fill the hole left when Dwight Caines was elevated from that post to head of marketing at the studio following the surprise departure last month of Marc Weinstock. Plishner, currently carries the SVP title and would report to his former digital boss Caines. In the new role, he would be tasked with leading the strategic planning and creative direction on the studio’s online campaigns. In the same position Caines worked on more than 200 campaigns for films like Spider-Man and The Da Vinci Code franchises, Casino Royale, the Underworld and Resident Evil franchises and District 9. The marketing shakeup comes after Sony had a rough summer with films After Earth, Elysium, The Smurfs 2, and White House Down.
It’s Official: Sony Pictures Sets Elias Plishner To Head Digital Marketing
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- John Carpenter Q&A: Why 'Halloween' Didn't Need Sequels & What Scares The Master Of Horror
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM