CNBC has licensed off-network cable rights to ABC’s primetime series Shark Tank. CNBC will begin telecasting the reality series repeats in January of ’14 with an expanded schedule in fall of ’14. Also under the deal, CNBC will add a selection of Shark Tank episodes to its TV Everywhere campaign, including on demand via TV, online and mobile to authenticated subscribers. “The ‘Sharks’ are self-made mega successes and the contestants seek their money and counsel as they plot their own paths to the American dream,” Mark Hoffman, President and CEO of CNBC, said in today’s announcement. “That practical knowledge and aspirational theme is pitch perfect for CNBC at night.” Now in its fifth season on ABC, the series dominates its Friday competition in all key demos and is consistently No. 1-ranked in its time period in the 18-49 and 25-54 demos. On its fifth season premiere, this past September 20, Shark Tank opened as the night’s No. 1 show, with the series’ most-watched season premiere ever, and was up double-digits in all key demos.
‘Shark Tank’ Swims Over To CNBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…