EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has bought the thriller spec The Unsacred by Amanda Gusack. The label is keeping the logline under wraps, but I’m told it’s The Possession meets The Haunting In Connecticut. So it sounds like a small budget film with a good chance to scare up an opening weekend. Peter and Alan Riche are producing and Scott Strauss is the exec. Paradigm and Stone Meyer Genow rep the scribe.
Screen Gems Buys Spec ‘The Unsacred’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start