EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has bought the thriller spec The Unsacred by Amanda Gusack. The label is keeping the logline under wraps, but I’m told it’s The Possession meets The Haunting In Connecticut. So it sounds like a small budget film with a good chance to scare up an opening weekend. Peter and Alan Riche are producing and Scott Strauss is the exec. Paradigm and Stone Meyer Genow rep the scribe.
Screen Gems Buys Spec ‘The Unsacred’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'