So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
Women's March: "Day 1!" Says America Ferrera; Scarlett Johansson Pleads For Planned Parenthood - UPDATE
Latest Film News
- Ewan McGregor Replacing Charlie Hunnam In Drake Doremus-Directed ‘Zoe’
- Kristen Stewart On Her “Masochistic” Directorial Debut ‘Come Swim’: “It’s Not A Small Movie”…
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2017 – Day 1 – Kristen Stewart, Ted Sarandos, Jason Ritter, Carlos Santana & More
- Cyberattack Shuts Down Sundance Box Office, Internet Down In Park City (Update)
- ‘Lady Macbeth’ Star Florence Pugh & Director William Oldroyd On This Year’s British Indie Triumph…
- 'Roxanne Roxanne’: Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream