So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest Film News
- ‘Big Sick’s Michael Showalter & ‘Godless’ Scott Frank Among Advisors For Sundance…
- WME Bolsters Comedy Touring, Nabs Seven APAers After Mike Berkowitz Jump
- Women In Hollywood: Dee Rees Stripped Mary J. Blige Emotionally Bare For ‘Mudbound’
- Bold Films Lays Off About 50% Of Its Staff
- Netflix Named PETA’s 2017 Company Of Year
- Kevin Hart, Will Packer Team For Action Comedy ‘On The Run’ In Universal Pitch Deal