So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix