So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Continues To Make B.O. History: $195M+ Opening Beats 'Ultron' & 4-Day Eyeing $225M+: Sunday Final
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List
- Armando Iannucci Still “Hopeful” Of ‘The Death Of Stalin’ Getting Russian Release