So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’