So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa