So says Fede Alvarez, the Uruguayan director who helmed Sony’s TriStar/FilmDistrict/Ghost House #1 box office hit Evil Dead remake earlier this year. Asked if he’d be directing Army Of Darkness 2, a sequel to 1992’s time-traveling Evil Dead threequel, he Tweeted that it’ll be original Evil Dead maestro Raimi in the director’s chair. Bruce Campbell has been talking up the Army of Darkness sequel lately and is expected to reprise his iconic demon-slaying Ash role. Alvarez instead has been working on Evil Dead 2 which he announced at his Evil Dead SXSW premiere in March. Just last month he also lined up Universal’s video game adaptation Dante’s Inferno. Alvarez and Campbell previously teased that the two parallel Evil Dead franchises could lead to a crossover picture starring reboot heroine Mia (Jane Levy) and Campbell’s Ash.
Sam Raimi To Direct ‘Army Of Darkness’ Sequel?
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk’, Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel
- Sue Kroll On Windows Elephant In The Room: “We Need To Address The Challenges Of The Marketplace”…
- SAG P&H Plans’ “Unreasonable” Fees And Expenses Appear To Have Violated Federal Law, DOJ Probe Finds