Ryan Seacrest has signed a multi-year contract extension with Dick Clark Prods to continue as host and executive producer of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest, which airs on ABC on New Year’s Eve. Seacrest first joined New Year’s Rockin’ Eve in December 2005 as co-host alongside Dick Clark. Following Clark’s passing last year, Seacrest became the sole emcee of the show, which drew 22.6 million viewers and featured a two-hour tribute to the original host. “Ryan has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show,” said Dick Clark Prods CEO Allen Shapiro. “It’s very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that.” Seacrest and Shapiro executive produce the special, while Larry Klein serves as producer. “I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” said Seacrest. “Allen and the DCP team, as well as everyone at ABC, are my valued partners in carrying Dick’s vision forward.”
Ryan Seacrest Extends Deal To Host & Exec Produce ‘New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’ On ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming