EXCLUSIVE: Fox Searchlight and director John Madden are courting Richard Gere to star in the sequel to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, the 2011 sleeper hit that grossed $136 million worldwide on a $10 million budget. Original cast members Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton and Maggie Smith are expected to return when shooting begins early next year. Gere would play a new role. WME-repped Gere most recently starred in Arbitrage. Stay tuned, I will supply more details when I get them.
Richard Gere Courted For ‘Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur