The McG-directed action thriller starring Kevin Costner had been slated for the busy Valentine’s Day slot but now will open February 21. Three Days To Kill faces a much less crowded opening field led by Sony TriStar’s volcanic actioner Pompeii. The film from Relativity and Luc Besson’s Europacorp centers on an elite government hitman (Costner) who finds out he has a terminal disease and decides to give up his high-stakes life to build a relationship with his estranged wife and daughter, whom he’s kept at arm’s length to keep out of danger. But when his agency offers him an experimental, potentially life-saving drug in exchange for one last mission, it’s an offer he can’t refuse — even if he must go after the world’s most ruthless terrorist while babysitting his daughter. Three Days To Kill was written by Besson and Adi Hasak and co-stars Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen.
Relativity Pushes ‘Three Days To Kill’ Opening Back A Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'