The McG-directed action thriller starring Kevin Costner had been slated for the busy Valentine’s Day slot but now will open February 21. Three Days To Kill faces a much less crowded opening field led by Sony TriStar’s volcanic actioner Pompeii. The film from Relativity and Luc Besson’s Europacorp centers on an elite government hitman (Costner) who finds out he has a terminal disease and decides to give up his high-stakes life to build a relationship with his estranged wife and daughter, whom he’s kept at arm’s length to keep out of danger. But when his agency offers him an experimental, potentially life-saving drug in exchange for one last mission, it’s an offer he can’t refuse — even if he must go after the world’s most ruthless terrorist while babysitting his daughter. Three Days To Kill was written by Besson and Adi Hasak and co-stars Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen.
Relativity Pushes ‘Three Days To Kill’ Opening Back A Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'