ReelzChannel and Asylum Entertainment are expanding their relationship that dates back to the Asylum-produced miniseries The Kennedys, which put the network on the map with 10 Emmy nominations and four wins in 2011. Now the pair have signed an output deal that will see Asylum produce 50 hours of unscripted programming for the network in 2014, distributed over 10 series. A previous development deal netted ReelzChannel’s first unscripted docuseries, Beverly Hills Pawn, which returns for a second season November 6; as well as new series The Capones and Hollywood Hillbillies, slated for January bows. “Asylum is one of the great TV production companies and, especially as an independent network, we are lucky to have such committed partners as [Asylum principals] Jonathan Koch and Steve Michaels,” ReelzChannel CEO Stan E. Hubbard said. In September, reality TV veteran Stephanie Lydecker joined Asylum to oversee unscripted development as well as develop for the company’s scripted business.
ReelzChannel Inks Output Deal With Asylum For Unscripted Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention