TV and film actress Mary Carver, who starred on CBS’ Simon & Simon as the brothers’ mother from 1981 to 1989, has died, per an LAT obit. She was 89. Carver, also a Broadway and stage actress, appeared in films including From Here To Eternity, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, Arachnophobia, and Todd Haynes’ Safe. She also taught theater at USC. She was once married to The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three helmer Joseph Sargent, who directed her in an episode of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
R.I.P. Mary Carver
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'