TV and film actress Mary Carver, who starred on CBS’ Simon & Simon as the brothers’ mother from 1981 to 1989, has died, per an LAT obit. She was 89. Carver, also a Broadway and stage actress, appeared in films including From Here To Eternity, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, Arachnophobia, and Todd Haynes’ Safe. She also taught theater at USC. She was once married to The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three helmer Joseph Sargent, who directed her in an episode of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
R.I.P. Mary Carver
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'