Joseph Adelman had stints at Paramount and United Artists during a 55-year industry career and served as COO of the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers. He died today of cancer in Burbank at 79. Adelman had spent the past 22 years as CEO of International Entertainment Enterprises – which reps film producers and owners in sales and biz matters — and had been a director and officer at Futura Pictures in 2004. The Canada native started in the UA legal department in New York in 1958 and moved to L.A. four years later to become VP West Coast Business Affairs at Paramount. He later became VP Business Affairs. An AMPAS and NATPE member, Adelman also worked at CST Entertainment and in 1983 founded KidPix, a distributor of animated kids fare for TV and video.
R.I.P. Joseph Adelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional