Joseph Adelman had stints at Paramount and United Artists during a 55-year industry career and served as COO of the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers. He died today of cancer in Burbank at 79. Adelman had spent the past 22 years as CEO of International Entertainment Enterprises – which reps film producers and owners in sales and biz matters — and had been a director and officer at Futura Pictures in 2004. The Canada native started in the UA legal department in New York in 1958 and moved to L.A. four years later to become VP West Coast Business Affairs at Paramount. He later became VP Business Affairs. An AMPAS and NATPE member, Adelman also worked at CST Entertainment and in 1983 founded KidPix, a distributor of animated kids fare for TV and video.
R.I.P. Joseph Adelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video