Joseph Adelman had stints at Paramount and United Artists during a 55-year industry career and served as COO of the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers. He died today of cancer in Burbank at 79. Adelman had spent the past 22 years as CEO of International Entertainment Enterprises – which reps film producers and owners in sales and biz matters — and had been a director and officer at Futura Pictures in 2004. The Canada native started in the UA legal department in New York in 1958 and moved to L.A. four years later to become VP West Coast Business Affairs at Paramount. He later became VP Business Affairs. An AMPAS and NATPE member, Adelman also worked at CST Entertainment and in 1983 founded KidPix, a distributor of animated kids fare for TV and video.
R.I.P. Joseph Adelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…