Veteran Italian actor Giuliano Gemma passed away late Tuesday night, following a car accident outside Rome. He was 75. Best known for his roles in spaghettit westerns including A Pistol For Ringo, Blood For A Silver Dollar and Day Of Anger, he sometimes was credited as Montgomery Wood. He also worked with Luchino Visconti on the 1963 classic The Leopard and in 1976 won a special David di Donatello award for Valerio Zurlini’s Desert Of Tartars. A veteran of more than 100 films and TV shows, he recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love. A funeral is expected to be held Monday in Rome.
R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'