Veteran Italian actor Giuliano Gemma passed away late Tuesday night, following a car accident outside Rome. He was 75. Best known for his roles in spaghettit westerns including A Pistol For Ringo, Blood For A Silver Dollar and Day Of Anger, he sometimes was credited as Montgomery Wood. He also worked with Luchino Visconti on the 1963 classic The Leopard and in 1976 won a special David di Donatello award for Valerio Zurlini’s Desert Of Tartars. A veteran of more than 100 films and TV shows, he recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love. A funeral is expected to be held Monday in Rome.
R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'