Veteran Italian actor Giuliano Gemma passed away late Tuesday night, following a car accident outside Rome. He was 75. Best known for his roles in spaghettit westerns including A Pistol For Ringo, Blood For A Silver Dollar and Day Of Anger, he sometimes was credited as Montgomery Wood. He also worked with Luchino Visconti on the 1963 classic The Leopard and in 1976 won a special David di Donatello award for Valerio Zurlini’s Desert Of Tartars. A veteran of more than 100 films and TV shows, he recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love. A funeral is expected to be held Monday in Rome.
R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'