Veteran Italian actor Giuliano Gemma passed away late Tuesday night, following a car accident outside Rome. He was 75. Best known for his roles in spaghettit westerns including A Pistol For Ringo, Blood For A Silver Dollar and Day Of Anger, he sometimes was credited as Montgomery Wood. He also worked with Luchino Visconti on the 1963 classic The Leopard and in 1976 won a special David di Donatello award for Valerio Zurlini’s Desert Of Tartars. A veteran of more than 100 films and TV shows, he recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love. A funeral is expected to be held Monday in Rome.
R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara