Veteran Italian actor Giuliano Gemma passed away late Tuesday night, following a car accident outside Rome. He was 75. Best known for his roles in spaghettit westerns including A Pistol For Ringo, Blood For A Silver Dollar and Day Of Anger, he sometimes was credited as Montgomery Wood. He also worked with Luchino Visconti on the 1963 classic The Leopard and in 1976 won a special David di Donatello award for Valerio Zurlini’s Desert Of Tartars. A veteran of more than 100 films and TV shows, he recently had a small role in Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love. A funeral is expected to be held Monday in Rome.
R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV