There was a lot of treat with the trick for ABC Family last night. The cable channel hit its best Tuesday ever among adults 18-34 (1.8 rating) and W18-34 (31 rating) and W18-49 (2.0 rating) with the third Pretty Little Liars Halloween special and the debut of spinoff Ravenswood. In fact, even before the debut, ABC Family already was showing confidence in the series with the order of 3 more Ravenswood scripts to the 6 it already has. Coming off a PLL marathon Tuesday, the 8 PM special was not only up 14% to 3.18 million total viewers from last year’s 2.8 million and up 25% among adults 18-34 but, with a 1.4 rating, also had the second biggest draw of the night on cable after FX’s Sons Of Anarchy. Tuesday’s PLL special was also the second best telecast among adults 18-34 that ABC Family has ever had after the series’ March 19, 2012 show and the No. 3 best result it has ever had among the 18-49s behind that PLL Season 2B finale and the series’ January 3, 2011 show. While it dropped off from its lead-in to 2.1 million viewers, newbie Ravenswood debuted at 9:02 PM Tuesday to emerge as ABC Family’s best debut of the year and the channel’s top debut result among W18-34 with a 2.3 rating. Pretty Little Liars returns for the second half of Season 4 on January 7.
‘Pretty Little Liars’ Halloween Special Up To Give ‘Ravenswood’ Strong Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…