There was a lot of treat with the trick for ABC Family last night. The cable channel hit its best Tuesday ever among adults 18-34 (1.8 rating) and W18-34 (31 rating) and W18-49 (2.0 rating) with the third Pretty Little Liars Halloween special and the debut of spinoff Ravenswood. In fact, even before the debut, ABC Family already was showing confidence in the series with the order of 3 more Ravenswood scripts to the 6 it already has. Coming off a PLL marathon Tuesday, the 8 PM special was not only up 14% to 3.18 million total viewers from last year’s 2.8 million and up 25% among adults 18-34 but, with a 1.4 rating, also had the second biggest draw of the night on cable after FX’s Sons Of Anarchy. Tuesday’s PLL special was also the second best telecast among adults 18-34 that ABC Family has ever had after the series’ March 19, 2012 show and the No. 3 best result it has ever had among the 18-49s behind that PLL Season 2B finale and the series’ January 3, 2011 show. While it dropped off from its lead-in to 2.1 million viewers, newbie Ravenswood debuted at 9:02 PM Tuesday to emerge as ABC Family’s best debut of the year and the channel’s top debut result among W18-34 with a 2.3 rating. Pretty Little Liars returns for the second half of Season 4 on January 7.
‘Pretty Little Liars’ Halloween Special Up To Give ‘Ravenswood’ Strong Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS