Ed Burns is fast becoming TNT‘s MVP. The actor, who is a regular on Mob City, the network’s upcoming noir drama series set in 1940s Los Angeles, is behind another TNT period crime drama project, which has received a pilot order. The network has greenlighted Public Morals, written, to be directed by and starring Burns. Amblin TV and TNT Original Prods are producing, with Steven Spielberg and Burns executive producing alongside Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Aaron Lubin. The project is set in 1967 in New York City’s Public Morals Division, where cops walk the line between morality and criminality as the temptations that comes from dealing with all kinds of vice can get the better of them. It centers on cop Terry Muldoon (Burns), who knows the line between the good guys and bad guys is thin, and he is determined to raise his sons to be honest and hardworking as he deals with the dark underbelly of the vice world. Burns can draw on family history for Public Morals: His father Edward J. Burns worked for the NYPD during the late 1960s. This marks the first TV series multi-hyphenated Burns has created and is starring in. He previously co-created with his brother Brian the NBC comedy The Fighting Fitzgeralds. Burns is with Cinetic Management, John Sloss and David Matlof.
Period Cop Drama Starring, Written & Directed By Ed Burns Gets TNT Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo