EXCLUSIVE: Hany Abu-Assad is in talks to direct The Mountain Between Us for Fox and Chernin Entertainment. Abu-Assad is best known for his 2005 provocative breakthrough film Paradise Now. The Charles Martin book is a harrowing tale of survival and a love story. Ashley is a writer catching a flight from Salt Lake City and heading East for her wedding. Ben is a doctor returning from a medical conference. When a their flight is cancelled due to a broken de-icer, the strangers agree to charter a ride, only to see the pilot suffer a heart attack and crash into a desolate snowy mountain region. He breaks ribs and she suffers a leg fracture. Fortunately, aside from a doctor he’s an avid climber, and as he struggles to get her down from the mountain in harsh weather, she begins to realize that maybe she was headed to marry the wrong guy. The film will be produced by Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping for Chernin Entertainment. The project, originally adapted by J. Mills Goodloe, had Scott Frank come aboard and I hear they are trying to get that busy writer for the next pass. Abu-Assad is repped by CAA.
‘Paradise Now’ Helmer Hany Abu-Assad To Helm ‘The Mountain Between Us’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.