EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has officially renewed its quarter-hour series Newsreaders for a second season, with production set to begin in LA in January. The Childrens Hospital offshoot, which lampoons the newsmagazine genre, was No. 1 in its time slot in key young men demos during its first season, and it had been rumored for a second-season pickup. Created by the Childrens Hospital team of executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain, with Jim Margolis serving as showrunner, the series is from Abominable Pictures and Warner Bros TV Group’s digital venture Studio 2.0.
Adult Swim’s ‘Newsreaders’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV