EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has officially renewed its quarter-hour series Newsreaders for a second season, with production set to begin in LA in January. The Childrens Hospital offshoot, which lampoons the newsmagazine genre, was No. 1 in its time slot in key young men demos during its first season, and it had been rumored for a second-season pickup. Created by the Childrens Hospital team of executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain, with Jim Margolis serving as showrunner, the series is from Abominable Pictures and Warner Bros TV Group’s digital venture Studio 2.0.
Adult Swim’s ‘Newsreaders’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'