EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has officially renewed its quarter-hour series Newsreaders for a second season, with production set to begin in LA in January. The Childrens Hospital offshoot, which lampoons the newsmagazine genre, was No. 1 in its time slot in key young men demos during its first season, and it had been rumored for a second-season pickup. Created by the Childrens Hospital team of executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain, with Jim Margolis serving as showrunner, the series is from Abominable Pictures and Warner Bros TV Group’s digital venture Studio 2.0.
Adult Swim’s ‘Newsreaders’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016