EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has officially renewed its quarter-hour series Newsreaders for a second season, with production set to begin in LA in January. The Childrens Hospital offshoot, which lampoons the newsmagazine genre, was No. 1 in its time slot in key young men demos during its first season, and it had been rumored for a second-season pickup. Created by the Childrens Hospital team of executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain, with Jim Margolis serving as showrunner, the series is from Abominable Pictures and Warner Bros TV Group’s digital venture Studio 2.0.
Adult Swim’s ‘Newsreaders’ Renewed For Season 2
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment