EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has officially renewed its quarter-hour series Newsreaders for a second season, with production set to begin in LA in January. The Childrens Hospital offshoot, which lampoons the newsmagazine genre, was No. 1 in its time slot in key young men demos during its first season, and it had been rumored for a second-season pickup. Created by the Childrens Hospital team of executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain, with Jim Margolis serving as showrunner, the series is from Abominable Pictures and Warner Bros TV Group’s digital venture Studio 2.0.
Adult Swim’s ‘Newsreaders’ Renewed For Season 2
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21