Just in time for Halloween — and two days after Ted Sarandos’ throwdown with theater owners — Netflix has struck a deal with CBS to stream Showtime‘s serial killer drama Dexter. The first four seasons will be available for instant viewing starting October 31, with Seasons 5-8 following on January 1. Dexter‘s series finale wrapped up in September drawing record ratings for Showtime. “We’re thrilled to have Dexter, one of Showtime’s highest-rated shows on Netflix, and so quickly after it completed its record-breaking run,” said Sarandos. The Halloween debut invites binge viewing on a Thursday leading into the moviegoing weekend. Will Ender’s Game, Free Birds, and Last Vegas fall victim to Dexter Morgan?
Netflix Sets Streaming Deal For ‘Dexter’ Starting On Halloween
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney