Just in time for Halloween — and two days after Ted Sarandos’ throwdown with theater owners — Netflix has struck a deal with CBS to stream Showtime‘s serial killer drama Dexter. The first four seasons will be available for instant viewing starting October 31, with Seasons 5-8 following on January 1. Dexter‘s series finale wrapped up in September drawing record ratings for Showtime. “We’re thrilled to have Dexter, one of Showtime’s highest-rated shows on Netflix, and so quickly after it completed its record-breaking run,” said Sarandos. The Halloween debut invites binge viewing on a Thursday leading into the moviegoing weekend. Will Ender’s Game, Free Birds, and Last Vegas fall victim to Dexter Morgan?
Netflix Sets Streaming Deal For ‘Dexter’ Starting On Halloween
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt