Former NBCUniversal attorneys John Berlinski and Mansi Shah have switched sides to form a new entertainment litigation practice at national firm Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Berlinski, ex-SVP of West Coast Television Litigation for NBCUniversal, and Shah, who specialized in profit participation cases as Senior Litigation Counsel in Berlinski’s department, will now serve the talent side focusing on backend interest negotiations and litigation on behalf of TV and film entertainers and talent agencies. The newly created Entertainment Practice Group at Kasowitz will be chaired by Berlinski. Aim is to exploit the pair’s extensive studio experience to advise talent in the pre-litigation, negotiation and auditing process as well as rep talent at trial using Kasowitz’s battalion of litigation attorneys. Berlinski and Shah will work out of Kasowitz’s LA office.
NBCUniversal Legal Duo Jump Into Talent Litigation With New LA Practice
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Yamato
- Alcon Worldwide Marketing President Richard Ingber To Exit
- 'The Gambler': Mark Wahlberg In Remake's First Redband Peek
- Constantin, Dark Horse Team For 'Polar' Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels