Former NBCUniversal attorneys John Berlinski and Mansi Shah have switched sides to form a new entertainment litigation practice at national firm Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Berlinski, ex-SVP of West Coast Television Litigation for NBCUniversal, and Shah, who specialized in profit participation cases as Senior Litigation Counsel in Berlinski’s department, will now serve the talent side focusing on backend interest negotiations and litigation on behalf of TV and film entertainers and talent agencies. The newly created Entertainment Practice Group at Kasowitz will be chaired by Berlinski. Aim is to exploit the pair’s extensive studio experience to advise talent in the pre-litigation, negotiation and auditing process as well as rep talent at trial using Kasowitz’s battalion of litigation attorneys. Berlinski and Shah will work out of Kasowitz’s LA office.
NBCUniversal Legal Duo Jump Into Talent Litigation With New LA Practice
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'