Former NBCUniversal attorneys John Berlinski and Mansi Shah have switched sides to form a new entertainment litigation practice at national firm Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Berlinski, ex-SVP of West Coast Television Litigation for NBCUniversal, and Shah, who specialized in profit participation cases as Senior Litigation Counsel in Berlinski’s department, will now serve the talent side focusing on backend interest negotiations and litigation on behalf of TV and film entertainers and talent agencies. The newly created Entertainment Practice Group at Kasowitz will be chaired by Berlinski. Aim is to exploit the pair’s extensive studio experience to advise talent in the pre-litigation, negotiation and auditing process as well as rep talent at trial using Kasowitz’s battalion of litigation attorneys. Berlinski and Shah will work out of Kasowitz’s LA office.
NBCUniversal Legal Duo Jump Into Talent Litigation With New LA Practice
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Robert Simonds' New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution
- 'Step Up's Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'
- Michael Ealy To Star In 'A Civil Right' For Revolution Media
- Aussie Diesel Schwarze Plots 'Ziggy' With Dane DeHaan And Rooney Mara