Former NBCUniversal attorneys John Berlinski and Mansi Shah have switched sides to form a new entertainment litigation practice at national firm Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Berlinski, ex-SVP of West Coast Television Litigation for NBCUniversal, and Shah, who specialized in profit participation cases as Senior Litigation Counsel in Berlinski’s department, will now serve the talent side focusing on backend interest negotiations and litigation on behalf of TV and film entertainers and talent agencies. The newly created Entertainment Practice Group at Kasowitz will be chaired by Berlinski. Aim is to exploit the pair’s extensive studio experience to advise talent in the pre-litigation, negotiation and auditing process as well as rep talent at trial using Kasowitz’s battalion of litigation attorneys. Berlinski and Shah will work out of Kasowitz’s LA office.
NBCUniversal Legal Duo Jump Into Talent Litigation With New LA Practice
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…