Former NBCUniversal attorneys John Berlinski and Mansi Shah have switched sides to form a new entertainment litigation practice at national firm Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Berlinski, ex-SVP of West Coast Television Litigation for NBCUniversal, and Shah, who specialized in profit participation cases as Senior Litigation Counsel in Berlinski’s department, will now serve the talent side focusing on backend interest negotiations and litigation on behalf of TV and film entertainers and talent agencies. The newly created Entertainment Practice Group at Kasowitz will be chaired by Berlinski. Aim is to exploit the pair’s extensive studio experience to advise talent in the pre-litigation, negotiation and auditing process as well as rep talent at trial using Kasowitz’s battalion of litigation attorneys. Berlinski and Shah will work out of Kasowitz’s LA office.
NBCUniversal Legal Duo Jump Into Talent Litigation With New LA Practice
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place…
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps The Best Actor Race – AwardsLine
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Adds Laura Dern, Brian d’Arcy James & Hope Davis – Berlin
- Jack McBrayer, Danny Pudi & Joe Manganiello Work Blue In ‘Smurfs’ Sequel; Betty Gabriel Joins ‘Get Out…
- Nicolas Cage Reunites With ‘Ghost Rider’ Helmer On Horror Thriller ‘Mom And Dad’ – Berlin