No surprise here — NBC breakout new drama The Blacklist has received an early back 9 pickup, bringing its first-season order to a full-season 22 episodes. James Spader shines as the enigmatic Red Reddington in the thriller procedural from Sony Pictures TV and Davis Entertainment, which opened with a 3.8 Live+Same Day adults 18-49 rating. “The many layers of Red Reddington and his mysterious reasons for getting into bed with the FBI seem to be fascinating to fans of this show,” said NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke. Through the first two weeks of the season, The Blacklist has averaged a 3.6 18-49 rating and 12 million viewers, ranking as the No. 1 most watched new drama this fall and No. 2 in 18-49. The series has dominated the Monday 10 PM hour, and the September 23 premiere added 4.4 million time-shifting viewers in Live+3. The Blacklist stars Spader and Megan Boone, with Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Parminder Nagra co-starring. It joins Fox’s new drama Sleepy Hollow, which received a second-season order yesterday, with a pickup for ABC’s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. likely to come next.
‘The Blacklist’ Gets Full-Season Pickup
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update