There will be no second season of NBC’s lower budget summer dramedy Camp. The news is not surprising given the low ratings for the series starring Rachel Griffiths as part of an All-Australian cast, which often fell under the 1 adults 18-49 demo rating. Camp, produced by Universal Studios and Berman-Braun and filmed in Australia, was part of a trend this year for more homegrown summer scripted series vs. straight imports. Two other freshman summer dramas developed and produced by U.S. studios, CBS’ Under The Dome and ABC’s Mistresses, both have been renewed for a second season.
NBC’s Summer Series ‘Camp’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess