There will be no second season of NBC’s lower budget summer dramedy Camp. The news is not surprising given the low ratings for the series starring Rachel Griffiths as part of an All-Australian cast, which often fell under the 1 adults 18-49 demo rating. Camp, produced by Universal Studios and Berman-Braun and filmed in Australia, was part of a trend this year for more homegrown summer scripted series vs. straight imports. Two other freshman summer dramas developed and produced by U.S. studios, CBS’ Under The Dome and ABC’s Mistresses, both have been renewed for a second season.
NBC’s Summer Series ‘Camp’ Cancelled
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'