Under its new ownership, Dick Clark Prods has been aggressively expanding its awards show portfolio. After recently buying into the Hollywood Film Awards with plans to televise them starting next year, the company has teamed with its Golden Globes broadcast partner NBC for The People Magazine Awards. The first two-hour special, which will air in late 2014, will hand out awards in pop culture categories including the Biggest Phenomenon of 2014, Most Stylish Person, Funniest Person, Sexiest Woman and the show’s top honor — the year’s Most Popular Person.
NBC Launches New Awards Show With People Magazine & Dick Clark Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest TV News
- Stalking Horse Bidder Lantern Capital Has Competition In Race To Ride Off With Weinstein Company Assets
- ‘Big Little Lies’: Laura Dern Posts First Look At Season 2 Of HBO Drama
- John Oliver’s Mike Pence-Trolling Bunny Book Steals Amazon Top Spot From James Comey
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump For Rookie Mistake In Andrew McCabe Firing
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot