Under its new ownership, Dick Clark Prods has been aggressively expanding its awards show portfolio. After recently buying into the Hollywood Film Awards with plans to televise them starting next year, the company has teamed with its Golden Globes broadcast partner NBC for The People Magazine Awards. The first two-hour special, which will air in late 2014, will hand out awards in pop culture categories including the Biggest Phenomenon of 2014, Most Stylish Person, Funniest Person, Sexiest Woman and the show’s top honor — the year’s Most Popular Person.
NBC Launches New Awards Show With People Magazine & Dick Clark Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ DP Tod Campbell On His Visual Approach To Sam Esmail’s Dark, Off-Kilter World
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Trailer Teases Trump’s Influence On New Season Of FX Anthology
- Sharon Levy Joins Endemol Shine North America As President Of Unscripted & Scripted Television
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World”…
- Riley Keough & Gina Gammell Launch Production Company Felix Culpa With Trio Of Book Deals
- Fox News Channel Dominates Cable News During Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Speech