Under its new ownership, Dick Clark Prods has been aggressively expanding its awards show portfolio. After recently buying into the Hollywood Film Awards with plans to televise them starting next year, the company has teamed with its Golden Globes broadcast partner NBC for The People Magazine Awards. The first two-hour special, which will air in late 2014, will hand out awards in pop culture categories including the Biggest Phenomenon of 2014, Most Stylish Person, Funniest Person, Sexiest Woman and the show’s top honor — the year’s Most Popular Person.
NBC Launches New Awards Show With People Magazine & Dick Clark Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 Over Thanksgiving Stretch With $68M
Latest TV News
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company
- ‘Chicago Med’ Season 3 Premiere Off From Series Debut But Improves Slot, ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Eyes Finale…
- Netflix Greenlights Colombian Original Series From ‘Narcos’ Producer