EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given an early pilot order to drama Tin Man, from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger knows a thing or two about bots in the future, having co-written the three Transformers sequels. This would mark his TV debut. It reunites Kruger with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt for whom he worked as an assistant 17 years ago at Fox. Tin Man was brought to NBC and Universal TV by John Glenn through his Uni TV deal. Glenn will serve as an executive producer on the pilot alongside Kruger and Kruger’s partner Daniel Bobker (The Skeleton Key). This marks Glenn’s fourth project this season, including drama Conception, which has a put pilot commitment at NBC.
NBC Gives Pilot Order To Futuristic Crime Thriller From Ehren Kruger & John Glenn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Fortune Feimster Comedy From Tina Fey, ‘Uncle Buck’ Reboot Get ABC Pilot Orders
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'