EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given an early pilot order to drama Tin Man, from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger knows a thing or two about bots in the future, having co-written the three Transformers sequels. This would mark his TV debut. It reunites Kruger with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt for whom he worked as an assistant 17 years ago at Fox. Tin Man was brought to NBC and Universal TV by John Glenn through his Uni TV deal. Glenn will serve as an executive producer on the pilot alongside Kruger and Kruger’s partner Daniel Bobker (The Skeleton Key). This marks Glenn’s fourth project this season, including drama Conception, which has a put pilot commitment at NBC.
NBC Gives Pilot Order To Futuristic Crime Thriller From Ehren Kruger & John Glenn
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn