EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given an early pilot order to drama Tin Man, from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger knows a thing or two about bots in the future, having co-written the three Transformers sequels. This would mark his TV debut. It reunites Kruger with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt for whom he worked as an assistant 17 years ago at Fox. Tin Man was brought to NBC and Universal TV by John Glenn through his Uni TV deal. Glenn will serve as an executive producer on the pilot alongside Kruger and Kruger’s partner Daniel Bobker (The Skeleton Key). This marks Glenn’s fourth project this season, including drama Conception, which has a put pilot commitment at NBC.
NBC Gives Pilot Order To Futuristic Crime Thriller From Ehren Kruger & John Glenn
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love