EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given an early pilot order to drama Tin Man, from top feature writer Ehren Kruger (The Ring and Transformers franchises). Set in the near future, Tin Man is a psychological crime thriller that focuses on a fugitive robot accused of first-degree murder, who may hold the key to the future of human evolution, and the young female public defender forced to fight for his cause. Kruger knows a thing or two about bots in the future, having co-written the three Transformers sequels. This would mark his TV debut. It reunites Kruger with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt for whom he worked as an assistant 17 years ago at Fox. Tin Man was brought to NBC and Universal TV by John Glenn through his Uni TV deal. Glenn will serve as an executive producer on the pilot alongside Kruger and Kruger’s partner Daniel Bobker (The Skeleton Key). This marks Glenn’s fourth project this season, including drama Conception, which has a put pilot commitment at NBC.
NBC Gives Pilot Order To Futuristic Crime Thriller From Ehren Kruger & John Glenn
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate