Liz Heldens, creator of NBC‘s 2009 medical drama Mercy, midseason mystery drama Deception and co-creator of the network’s summer series Camp, is back at NBC with another hourlong project. Produced by Universal TV and David Janollari’s studio-based David Janollari Entertainment, the untitled drama is a big family saga set against the backdrop of a Texas mega church. When the leader of the Spring Hill Congregation dies, the matriarch of the Strickland family rallies to keep the family together in a show about faith and family and all the complications that come with both. WME-repped Heldens is writing the script and executive producing with Janollari. This marks the latest sale for Janollari in his first season as a producer following a long executive stint. They include two put pilot commitments.
NBC Buys Texas Mega Church Family Saga From Liz Heldens & David Janollari
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World