Liz Heldens, creator of NBC‘s 2009 medical drama Mercy, midseason mystery drama Deception and co-creator of the network’s summer series Camp, is back at NBC with another hourlong project. Produced by Universal TV and David Janollari’s studio-based David Janollari Entertainment, the untitled drama is a big family saga set against the backdrop of a Texas mega church. When the leader of the Spring Hill Congregation dies, the matriarch of the Strickland family rallies to keep the family together in a show about faith and family and all the complications that come with both. WME-repped Heldens is writing the script and executive producing with Janollari. This marks the latest sale for Janollari in his first season as a producer following a long executive stint. They include two put pilot commitments.
NBC Buys Texas Mega Church Family Saga From Liz Heldens & David Janollari
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'