Liz Heldens, creator of NBC‘s 2009 medical drama Mercy, midseason mystery drama Deception and co-creator of the network’s summer series Camp, is back at NBC with another hourlong project. Produced by Universal TV and David Janollari’s studio-based David Janollari Entertainment, the untitled drama is a big family saga set against the backdrop of a Texas mega church. When the leader of the Spring Hill Congregation dies, the matriarch of the Strickland family rallies to keep the family together in a show about faith and family and all the complications that come with both. WME-repped Heldens is writing the script and executive producing with Janollari. This marks the latest sale for Janollari in his first season as a producer following a long executive stint. They include two put pilot commitments.
NBC Buys Texas Mega Church Family Saga From Liz Heldens & David Janollari
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot