Liz Heldens, creator of NBC‘s 2009 medical drama Mercy, midseason mystery drama Deception and co-creator of the network’s summer series Camp, is back at NBC with another hourlong project. Produced by Universal TV and David Janollari’s studio-based David Janollari Entertainment, the untitled drama is a big family saga set against the backdrop of a Texas mega church. When the leader of the Spring Hill Congregation dies, the matriarch of the Strickland family rallies to keep the family together in a show about faith and family and all the complications that come with both. WME-repped Heldens is writing the script and executive producing with Janollari. This marks the latest sale for Janollari in his first season as a producer following a long executive stint. They include two put pilot commitments.
NBC Buys Texas Mega Church Family Saga From Liz Heldens & David Janollari
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better