Australia’s Seven Network and MythBusters producer Beyond Productions are partnering in 7Beyond, a new venture to create programming initially designed for the North American market. Michael Krupat, formerly SVP Development and Branded Content at Ryan Seacrest Productions, has been named SVP Development and Sales at the new company which has opened a Los Angeles office. Content generated by 7Beyond will be co-produced by Seven Productions and Beyond Productions, and distributed internationally by Beyond Distribution. Seven was Oz’s most-watched television network in 2013. This year, its Seven Productions business will commission, create and produce nearly 700 hours. Its credits include My Kitchen Rules, House Rules, and veteran soap Home And Away. Scripted formats out of Oz have been popular this year with the Sony TV/Fedora Entertainment-produced remake of Rake to debut midseason and the adaptation of A Moody Christmas being exec produced by Doug Ellin.
‘Mythbusters’ Producer, Oz’s Seven Network Open LA-Based Venture 7Beyond
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente