Australia’s Seven Network and MythBusters producer Beyond Productions are partnering in 7Beyond, a new venture to create programming initially designed for the North American market. Michael Krupat, formerly SVP Development and Branded Content at Ryan Seacrest Productions, has been named SVP Development and Sales at the new company which has opened a Los Angeles office. Content generated by 7Beyond will be co-produced by Seven Productions and Beyond Productions, and distributed internationally by Beyond Distribution. Seven was Oz’s most-watched television network in 2013. This year, its Seven Productions business will commission, create and produce nearly 700 hours. Its credits include My Kitchen Rules, House Rules, and veteran soap Home And Away. Scripted formats out of Oz have been popular this year with the Sony TV/Fedora Entertainment-produced remake of Rake to debut midseason and the adaptation of A Moody Christmas being exec produced by Doug Ellin.
‘Mythbusters’ Producer, Oz’s Seven Network Open LA-Based Venture 7Beyond
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest International News
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend