Australia’s Seven Network and MythBusters producer Beyond Productions are partnering in 7Beyond, a new venture to create programming initially designed for the North American market. Michael Krupat, formerly SVP Development and Branded Content at Ryan Seacrest Productions, has been named SVP Development and Sales at the new company which has opened a Los Angeles office. Content generated by 7Beyond will be co-produced by Seven Productions and Beyond Productions, and distributed internationally by Beyond Distribution. Seven was Oz’s most-watched television network in 2013. This year, its Seven Productions business will commission, create and produce nearly 700 hours. Its credits include My Kitchen Rules, House Rules, and veteran soap Home And Away. Scripted formats out of Oz have been popular this year with the Sony TV/Fedora Entertainment-produced remake of Rake to debut midseason and the adaptation of A Moody Christmas being exec produced by Doug Ellin.
‘Mythbusters’ Producer, Oz’s Seven Network Open LA-Based Venture 7Beyond
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2