EXCLUSIVE: MTV has picked up both of its comedy pilots, Happyland and Faking It, to series with eight-episode orders. These were the first MTV scripted pilots greenlighted by the network’s new regime of president Susanne Daniels and and head of scripted Mina Lefevre. Happyland, written by Ben Epstein and executive produced by Storyline’s Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, is described as a soapy teen comedy which explores the underbelly of one of the country’s most popular theme parks and those who work there. The pilot, directed by Lee Toland Krieger, starred Bianca Santos, Zulay Henao, Shane Harper, Katherine McNamara, Cameron Moulene, Brady Smith and Ryan Rottman. Faking It, from 10 Things I Hate About You developer Carter Covington, revolves around two best friends who will do almost anything to fit in and be popular in high school — including pretending to be something they are not. The cast of the pilot, directed by Jamie Travis, included Bailey Buntain, Gregg Sulkin, Katie Stevens, Michael Willett, Rita Volk. On the drama side, MTV has pilots Eye Candy and Finding Carter, now casting.
MTV Picks Up Comedy Pilots ‘Happyland’ & ‘Faking It’ To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'