EXCLUSIVE: MTV has picked up both of its comedy pilots, Happyland and Faking It, to series with eight-episode orders. These were the first MTV scripted pilots greenlighted by the network’s new regime of president Susanne Daniels and and head of scripted Mina Lefevre. Happyland, written by Ben Epstein and executive produced by Storyline’s Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, is described as a soapy teen comedy which explores the underbelly of one of the country’s most popular theme parks and those who work there. The pilot, directed by Lee Toland Krieger, starred Bianca Santos, Zulay Henao, Shane Harper, Katherine McNamara, Cameron Moulene, Brady Smith and Ryan Rottman. Faking It, from 10 Things I Hate About You developer Carter Covington, revolves around two best friends who will do almost anything to fit in and be popular in high school — including pretending to be something they are not. The cast of the pilot, directed by Jamie Travis, included Bailey Buntain, Gregg Sulkin, Katie Stevens, Michael Willett, Rita Volk. On the drama side, MTV has pilots Eye Candy and Finding Carter, now casting.
MTV Picks Up Comedy Pilots ‘Happyland’ & ‘Faking It’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Stars Talk Trip To Paris For Season 2 — Tribeca Studio
- ‘American Idol’ Recovers From Series Low On Sunday
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Dick Wolf’s ‘Cold Justice’ & ‘Criminal Confessions’ Renewed By Oxygen
- ‘The Last O.G.’ & ‘Search Party’ Renewed At TBS
- CBS All Access Launches In Canada, Marking First Expansion Outside The U.S.