MTV, once home of TRL, is bringing music back to its afternoon lineup, this time in the form of a singing competition series. The network has picked up Copycat, a half-hour afternoon strip from The Bachelor creator/executive producer Mike Fleiss. It features contestants battling it out onstage, trying to sound like their favorite recording artists. The studio audience will vote on each performance, with one winner getting a cash prize and the title of “Ultimate Copycat”. Warner Horizon TV and Fleiss’ studio-based Next Entertainment are producing, with Fleiss and Brendon Carter exec producing and Matt Laesch co-exec producing. MTV’s next afternoon series, dating show The Hook Up, premieres on Monday.
MTV Orders Daily Afternoon Singing Competition Show From ‘Bachelor’ Creator
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot