EXCLUSIVE: Media Rights Capital has just bought a spec package for a grounded action thriller that will be a directing vehicle for Joseph Kosinski. Kosinski followed his 2010 directing debut Tron: Legacy with the Tom Cruise-starrer Oblivion. Dylan Clark will produce. I’m told that it was a potential high six figure deal and that Kosinski hatched the idea. The script was written by Chris Cantwell & Chris Rogers. If you recall, while Kosinski was busy for years on Tron: Legacy, he hatched the idea for Oblivion and had it done as a graphic novel by Radical Publishing to serve as a template for the movie. Cantwell & Rodgers previously scripted Halt & Catch Fire, which has been picked up for series by AMC, and they have features with Bad Robot and Indian Paintbrush. Kosinski and the scribes are repped by Management 360 and Verve, latter of which is on fire lately: the agency also brokered the weekend’s 7-figure deal for the Aaron Berg spec Section 6.
MRC Buys Top-Secret Spec For ‘Oblivion’s Joseph Kosinski To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations