EXCLUSIVE: Media Rights Capital has just bought a spec package for a grounded action thriller that will be a directing vehicle for Joseph Kosinski. Kosinski followed his 2010 directing debut Tron: Legacy with the Tom Cruise-starrer Oblivion. Dylan Clark will produce. I’m told that it was a potential high six figure deal and that Kosinski hatched the idea. The script was written by Chris Cantwell & Chris Rogers. If you recall, while Kosinski was busy for years on Tron: Legacy, he hatched the idea for Oblivion and had it done as a graphic novel by Radical Publishing to serve as a template for the movie. Cantwell & Rodgers previously scripted Halt & Catch Fire, which has been picked up for series by AMC, and they have features with Bad Robot and Indian Paintbrush. Kosinski and the scribes are repped by Management 360 and Verve, latter of which is on fire lately: the agency also brokered the weekend’s 7-figure deal for the Aaron Berg spec Section 6.
MRC Buys Top-Secret Spec For ‘Oblivion’s Joseph Kosinski To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount