The Maze Runner had been set for a February 14, 2014 release but is now being delayed to September 19. ”Good news and bad news y’all. Bad news, you have to wait a bit longer. Good news, the movie and marketing can be the best it can be now”, director Wes Ball tweeted today. “These things aren’t my choice, but I 100% agree with fox’s decision. Just imagine the cool stuff we can do with a little extra time”, he added. Blake Cooper, Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster star in the pic based on James Dashner’s novel trilogy about a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. The new date pits Maze Runner against Warner Bros’ Dolphin Tale 2 and TriStar’s sports drama When The Game Stands Tall.
‘Maze Runner’ Release Pushed To September 19, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Paramount Pictures Taps Writer Barbara Curry For Dating App Killer Feature ‘Gasp’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Joins Voice Cast Of Open Road’s ‘Playmobil’