The drama domination this fall continues with another pickup for a freshman hourlong series. ABC has given a back 9 order to Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., bringing its first season to 22 episodes. The series premiered as TV’s highest-rated drama debut in nearly four years and, while it has slipped in Week 2 and Week 3, still ranks as the No. 1 new show of the 2013-14 season among adults 18-49 with solid DVR gains (4.0 Live+Same Day rating/5.7 Live+3 rating). Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. joins Fox’s Sleepy Hollow and NBC’s The Blacklist as the third new series this fall to get a pickup (second season and full-season for the other two dramas, respectively). Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which marks Marvel’s first television series, was co-created by The Avengers’ Joss Whedon, along with Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell. ABC Studios is co-producing with Marvel.
ABC’s ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Gets Full-Season Pickup
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee