The Royal Film Performance is the major annual fundraising event for the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund, the UK charity that cares for industry employees and their families who are suffering hardship. Last year, Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was the gala pic. This year, the CTBF is going with Justin Chadwick’s Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom. It will screen in London on December 5th for members of the Royal Family along with the cast and filmmakers. The biopic is a South African/British co-production and stars Idris Elba in the eponymous role with Naomie Harris as Winnie Mandela. Pathé releases it January 3rd in the UK. The Weinstein Co opens it Stateside in the heart of Awards Season on November 29th.
‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ Sets Royal Screening To Benefit UK Charity
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?