EXCLUSIVE: The new arrangement will unite two of YouTube’s leading fitness video providers. Lionsgate BeFit targets women while Scott Herman Fitness focuses on men. Lionsgate BeFit Network will have more than 1M subscribers with the addition of Herman’s 400,000. The companies aren’t disclosing specifics about their deal. But Lionsgate likely will be able to boost ad sales with the additional viewers while Herman should have new opportunities to profit from sales of DVDs and possibly films. The alliance “brings us one step closer to our goal of teaching fitness to the world,” Herman says. Lionsgate’s Kajsa Vikman says the blend “is our next step towards becoming a worldwide fitness brand.”
Lionsgate Partners With Scott Herman To Dominate Fitness Video Market
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Business News
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- NFL Draft Day 1 Viewership Down From 2015; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Wins Demo
- Time Warner’s Jeff Bewkes Made $31.5M in 2015, Down 4.3%
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown
- Regal Hires Universal’s Steve Bunnell As Chief Content & Programming Officer