EXCLUSIVE: The new arrangement will unite two of YouTube’s leading fitness video providers. Lionsgate BeFit targets women while Scott Herman Fitness focuses on men. Lionsgate BeFit Network will have more than 1M subscribers with the addition of Herman’s 400,000. The companies aren’t disclosing specifics about their deal. But Lionsgate likely will be able to boost ad sales with the additional viewers while Herman should have new opportunities to profit from sales of DVDs and possibly films. The alliance “brings us one step closer to our goal of teaching fitness to the world,” Herman says. Lionsgate’s Kajsa Vikman says the blend “is our next step towards becoming a worldwide fitness brand.”
Lionsgate Partners With Scott Herman To Dominate Fitness Video Market
What's Hot on Deadline
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Lieberman
- NYC Passes Tokyo As Top Entertainment & Media Spender – Report
- Can CEOs Convince Wall Street That TV’s Lost Ad Dollars Will Come Back?
- Former Fox Station Employee Commits Suicide Outside Corporate Headquarters
- Would A Hollywood Deal With Alibaba Be Cause For Alarm Or Elation?
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made $44.3M In 2014, +19.3%
- Wall Street Wonders: Can DreamWorks Animation Survive Another Failure?