EXCLUSIVE: Raising Hope‘s Gary Anthony Williams and his writing partner Jeannie Roshar have sold their romantic comedy pitch I Own You to Lionsgate, with a story that centers on the comedic trials and tribulations of an interracial marriage turned upside down. The duo will co-write I Own You based on a 2008 short film of the same name that they penned and starred in together and which Williams directed. No director or talent has been set for the feature version, but I understand Williams and Roshar aren’t expected to reprise their characters from the short, only write the project. Williams, whose credits include Boston Legal, Malcolm In The Middle, The Boondocks, and Fox’s The Internship, currently appears on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Raising Hope, and on Cartoon Network’s MAD. He’s also active on the improv scene and, with Roshar, co-founded the LA Comedy Shorts Festival. Williams’ scripting resume includes the NBC pilot The Fosters, Nickelodeon’s Baby Stache, Cartoon Network’s Gangsta Geeks pilot, and FreemantleMedia North America’s High Philosophy web series. Roshar wrote the feature StarLaunch, which Neil Patrick Harris is attached to star in, and Decades, which was optioned by the Napoleon Dynamite crew. Williams and Roshar are repped by APA, ROAR, and Ginsburg Daniels LLP.
Lionsgate Springs For Interracial Rom Com ‘I Own You’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'