EXCLUSIVE: Oculus filmmakers Mike Flanagan and Jeff Howard have sold their original pitch Peekers to Lionsgate. It’s a low-budget horror film that they will adapt from the short story by Bram Stoker Award-winning Irish novelist Kealan Patrick Burke. Last Vegas’ Lawrence Grey will produce through his Grey Matter Productions. A terrified man walks into a police station to report that the residents on his entire street are missing, insisting the victims were done in by eerie, grinning doppelgangers. When the man disappears from the locked interrogation room, the young female officer who took his statement must venture out into the rapidly vanishing community to find her son and get him to safety as the community is infested by these deadly grinning idiots. Flanagan and Howard wrote and Flanagan directed Oculus, which Relativity and Blumhouse acquired at Toronto and slated for a 2014 release. They are following with Somnia. Duo is repped by APA, Affirmative Entertainment and Joel Vanderkloot. Lionsgate’s John Sacchi is overseeing.
Lionsgate Buys ‘Peekers’ Pitch From ‘Oculus’ Team Mike Flanagan & Jeff Howard
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- North Korea-Based Thriller With Gore Verbinski And Steve Carell Canceled
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'