EXCLUSIVE: Oculus filmmakers Mike Flanagan and Jeff Howard have sold their original pitch Peekers to Lionsgate. It’s a low-budget horror film that they will adapt from the short story by Bram Stoker Award-winning Irish novelist Kealan Patrick Burke. Last Vegas’ Lawrence Grey will produce through his Grey Matter Productions. A terrified man walks into a police station to report that the residents on his entire street are missing, insisting the victims were done in by eerie, grinning doppelgangers. When the man disappears from the locked interrogation room, the young female officer who took his statement must venture out into the rapidly vanishing community to find her son and get him to safety as the community is infested by these deadly grinning idiots. Flanagan and Howard wrote and Flanagan directed Oculus, which Relativity and Blumhouse acquired at Toronto and slated for a 2014 release. They are following with Somnia. Duo is repped by APA, Affirmative Entertainment and Joel Vanderkloot. Lionsgate’s John Sacchi is overseeing.
Lionsgate Buys ‘Peekers’ Pitch From ‘Oculus’ Team Mike Flanagan & Jeff Howard
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter