EXCLUSIVE: Oculus filmmakers Mike Flanagan and Jeff Howard have sold their original pitch Peekers to Lionsgate. It’s a low-budget horror film that they will adapt from the short story by Bram Stoker Award-winning Irish novelist Kealan Patrick Burke. Last Vegas’ Lawrence Grey will produce through his Grey Matter Productions. A terrified man walks into a police station to report that the residents on his entire street are missing, insisting the victims were done in by eerie, grinning doppelgangers. When the man disappears from the locked interrogation room, the young female officer who took his statement must venture out into the rapidly vanishing community to find her son and get him to safety as the community is infested by these deadly grinning idiots. Flanagan and Howard wrote and Flanagan directed Oculus, which Relativity and Blumhouse acquired at Toronto and slated for a 2014 release. They are following with Somnia. Duo is repped by APA, Affirmative Entertainment and Joel Vanderkloot. Lionsgate’s John Sacchi is overseeing.
Lionsgate Buys ‘Peekers’ Pitch From ‘Oculus’ Team Mike Flanagan & Jeff Howard
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’