Gravitas Ventures has acquired North American rights to Maggie Kiley’s Brightest Star, until today titled Light Years, which had its world premiere at the Austin Film Festival on Friday. The plan is to open it in theaters and on VOD nationwide in late January. Chris Lowell, Rose McIver, Jessica Szohr, Clark Gregg and Allison Janney star in the story of a college graduate who has recently suffered the heartbreaking end of his first love and sets out to win back the girl of his dreams — only to discover a greater journey awaits him. The features comes off first-time feature director Kiley’s short Some Boys Don’t Leave that starred Jesse Eisenberg. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas’ VP Acquisitions & Marketing Melanie Miller and Noor Ahmed of Reder & Feig on behalf of the filmmakers. Gravitas is a sponsor of the Austin fest and has already scooped up lineup titles Ryan Balas’ NSFW, Brady Hall’s Scrapper, and Paul Osborne’s Favor.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Austin Fest Title ‘Brightest Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel