Gravitas Ventures has acquired North American rights to Maggie Kiley’s Brightest Star, until today titled Light Years, which had its world premiere at the Austin Film Festival on Friday. The plan is to open it in theaters and on VOD nationwide in late January. Chris Lowell, Rose McIver, Jessica Szohr, Clark Gregg and Allison Janney star in the story of a college graduate who has recently suffered the heartbreaking end of his first love and sets out to win back the girl of his dreams — only to discover a greater journey awaits him. The features comes off first-time feature director Kiley’s short Some Boys Don’t Leave that starred Jesse Eisenberg. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas’ VP Acquisitions & Marketing Melanie Miller and Noor Ahmed of Reder & Feig on behalf of the filmmakers. Gravitas is a sponsor of the Austin fest and has already scooped up lineup titles Ryan Balas’ NSFW, Brady Hall’s Scrapper, and Paul Osborne’s Favor.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Austin Fest Title ‘Brightest Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update