She keeps going! Lifetime’s comedic drama Drop Dead Diva has been picked up for a sixth season, and second post-cancellation with a 13-episode order. The pickup comes as Drop Dead Diva heads towards its fifth season finale on November 3. The renewal comes on the heels of Lifetime ending its longest-running drama Army Wives. Its other returning drama, The Client List, is yet to learn its fate but appears unlikely to continue. Freshman Devious Maids was renewed, with fellow newbie The Witches Of East End looking promising. Produced by Sony Pictures TV, Drop Dead Diva was created by Josh Berman who exec produces with Craig Zadan & Neil Meron and Robert J. Wilson. The series was briefly cancelled at the beginning of the year before receiving a fifth season pickup in March.
Lifetime’s ‘Drop Dead Diva’ Renewed For Sixth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London
- Complex Networks And Fuse Media Agree To Share Content For Linear TV & Digital
- ‘Conan’ Reveals Trump-Obama Tapes: “Any Other Juicy Mandela Quotes You Could Throw My Way”?