She keeps going! Lifetime’s comedic drama Drop Dead Diva has been picked up for a sixth season, and second post-cancellation with a 13-episode order. The pickup comes as Drop Dead Diva heads towards its fifth season finale on November 3. The renewal comes on the heels of Lifetime ending its longest-running drama Army Wives. Its other returning drama, The Client List, is yet to learn its fate but appears unlikely to continue. Freshman Devious Maids was renewed, with fellow newbie The Witches Of East End looking promising. Produced by Sony Pictures TV, Drop Dead Diva was created by Josh Berman who exec produces with Craig Zadan & Neil Meron and Robert J. Wilson. The series was briefly cancelled at the beginning of the year before receiving a fifth season pickup in March.
Lifetime’s ‘Drop Dead Diva’ Renewed For Sixth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations