She keeps going! Lifetime’s comedic drama Drop Dead Diva has been picked up for a sixth season, and second post-cancellation with a 13-episode order. The pickup comes as Drop Dead Diva heads towards its fifth season finale on November 3. The renewal comes on the heels of Lifetime ending its longest-running drama Army Wives. Its other returning drama, The Client List, is yet to learn its fate but appears unlikely to continue. Freshman Devious Maids was renewed, with fellow newbie The Witches Of East End looking promising. Produced by Sony Pictures TV, Drop Dead Diva was created by Josh Berman who exec produces with Craig Zadan & Neil Meron and Robert J. Wilson. The series was briefly cancelled at the beginning of the year before receiving a fifth season pickup in March.
Lifetime’s ‘Drop Dead Diva’ Renewed For Sixth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres