BREAKING: Legendary Pictures has made a deal with accomplished second unit director Simon Crane to direct Hot Wheels. The financier/producer has also set Paul Attanasio to rewrite the script. The live action film is based on the venerable Mattel toy line and since Legendary moved from Warner Bros to Universal, the latter studio gets first crack at what could be a franchise vehicle in Hot Wheels. Attanasio will be rewriting the draft by Iron Man scribes Art Marcum and Matt Holloway. Joe Roth, Palak Patel and Sam Mercer of Roth Films are producing with Legendary, whose Alex Garcia is overseeing. Crane, repped by CAA and Media Talent Group’s Geyer Kosinski, has been in the mix for this job since late summer, and has been an active second unit director whose recent credits include World War Z and the upcoming Doug Liman-directed Tom Cruise-starrer Edge Of Tomorrow. It’s another good writing job for Attanasio, the Quiz Show and Donnie Brasco scribe who recently took a crack at the Scarface remake at Universal.
Legendary Sets Simon Crane To Helm ‘Hot Wheels’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…