Lege Artis will have bases in LA and NY and focus on pics budgeted from $1M-$3M with an eye to launching the careers of emerging writers and directors via a “no ego” approach. Producer Tony Mancilla and media entrepreneur Aubin Paul plan to fully finance and produce two to three films annually and will co-finance a further one to three indie features per year, using a range of related investments. Lege says it’s opening its doors to “curating projects to the interest of established actors by matching them with appropriate scripts and upcoming filmmakers.” An advisory board of independent film experts, which includes Rob Barnum, will help to approve projects and consult on creative decisions. Lege already is developing three debut features: a horror/thriller with producer and adviser Lindsay Lanzillotta; female comedy Fairly Certain with adviser Fred Fuchs; and a coming-of-age drama. Mancilla and Paul will create partnerships with charities to help raise awareness of issues important to the filmmakers. Looking to provide “honest visibility” into the process and initiate viral campaigns, Lege Artis will produce an online film journal, Le Nouveau Cahier, based on French film bible Les Cahiers du Cinéma. Le Nouveau Cahier will document the behind-the-scenes activities for each film including the pre-production, production, and post-production stages.
Tony Mancilla & Aubin Paul Launch Film Finance & Production Outfit Lege Artis
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)