Lege Artis will have bases in LA and NY and focus on pics budgeted from $1M-$3M with an eye to launching the careers of emerging writers and directors via a “no ego” approach. Producer Tony Mancilla and media entrepreneur Aubin Paul plan to fully finance and produce two to three films annually and will co-finance a further one to three indie features per year, using a range of related investments. Lege says it’s opening its doors to “curating projects to the interest of established actors by matching them with appropriate scripts and upcoming filmmakers.” An advisory board of independent film experts, which includes Rob Barnum, will help to approve projects and consult on creative decisions. Lege already is developing three debut features: a horror/thriller with producer and adviser Lindsay Lanzillotta; female comedy Fairly Certain with adviser Fred Fuchs; and a coming-of-age drama. Mancilla and Paul will create partnerships with charities to help raise awareness of issues important to the filmmakers. Looking to provide “honest visibility” into the process and initiate viral campaigns, Lege Artis will produce an online film journal, Le Nouveau Cahier, based on French film bible Les Cahiers du Cinéma. Le Nouveau Cahier will document the behind-the-scenes activities for each film including the pre-production, production, and post-production stages.
Tony Mancilla & Aubin Paul Launch Film Finance & Production Outfit Lege Artis
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo
- Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay