Lege Artis will have bases in LA and NY and focus on pics budgeted from $1M-$3M with an eye to launching the careers of emerging writers and directors via a “no ego” approach. Producer Tony Mancilla and media entrepreneur Aubin Paul plan to fully finance and produce two to three films annually and will co-finance a further one to three indie features per year, using a range of related investments. Lege says it’s opening its doors to “curating projects to the interest of established actors by matching them with appropriate scripts and upcoming filmmakers.” An advisory board of independent film experts, which includes Rob Barnum, will help to approve projects and consult on creative decisions. Lege already is developing three debut features: a horror/thriller with producer and adviser Lindsay Lanzillotta; female comedy Fairly Certain with adviser Fred Fuchs; and a coming-of-age drama. Mancilla and Paul will create partnerships with charities to help raise awareness of issues important to the filmmakers. Looking to provide “honest visibility” into the process and initiate viral campaigns, Lege Artis will produce an online film journal, Le Nouveau Cahier, based on French film bible Les Cahiers du Cinéma. Le Nouveau Cahier will document the behind-the-scenes activities for each film including the pre-production, production, and post-production stages.
Tony Mancilla & Aubin Paul Launch Film Finance & Production Outfit Lege Artis
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…