EXCLUSIVE: Maybe the Oscar nominated actress has a thing for movies with “wild” in the title. Laura Dern was in Wild At Heart back in 1990 and now she’s joining Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Dern has been added to the cast of the Nick Hornby-scripted adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s best-selling 2012 memoir. The actress will play the mother to Witherspoon’s lead. Still dealing with the death of her mother years before, drug use and a collapsed marriage, Witherspoon’s character decides to walk the 1000-mile Pacific Crest Trail alone in a search for meaning in her life. Jean-Marc Vallée, who also helmed the upcoming Matthew McConaughey-starrer Dallas Buyers Club, is directing the Fox Searchlight pic. Wild started filming last week in Oregon. Laura Dern is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and attorney Kevin Marks with Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
Laura Dern Joins Reese Witherspoon In ‘Wild’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?