EXCLUSIVE: Maybe the Oscar nominated actress has a thing for movies with “wild” in the title. Laura Dern was in Wild At Heart back in 1990 and now she’s joining Wild with Reese Witherspoon. Dern has been added to the cast of the Nick Hornby-scripted adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s best-selling 2012 memoir. The actress will play the mother to Witherspoon’s lead. Still dealing with the death of her mother years before, drug use and a collapsed marriage, Witherspoon’s character decides to walk the 1000-mile Pacific Crest Trail alone in a search for meaning in her life. Jean-Marc Vallée, who also helmed the upcoming Matthew McConaughey-starrer Dallas Buyers Club, is directing the Fox Searchlight pic. Wild started filming last week in Oregon. Laura Dern is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and attorney Kevin Marks with Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
Laura Dern Joins Reese Witherspoon In ‘Wild’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief