Former ABC exec Chad Hoffman has come aboard to spearhead television strategy for Lakeshore Entertainment as the indie film production, finance, sales, and distribution company moves into the small screen biz. Lakeshore’s TV division launches with a pair of shows. The Sebastian Maniscalo Project, recently sold to NBC through Sony Pictures Television, will be executive produced by Lakeshore. The company is also producing the pilot Blanco for Cinemax in association with Fox TV Studios, which Lakeshore Chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg is also producing. Lakeshore’s Gary Lucchesi will exec produce. As part of their expansion into TV, Lakeshore will look to solicit and develop new original materials and will tap their own film library for potential series adaptations. While at ABC Hoffman developed Twin Peaks, China Beach, and thirtysomething. He also exec produced Eerie, Indiana for Hearst Entertainment Productions before stints at Sony and start-up Permission TV.
Lakeshore Entertainment Launches TV Division, Sets Up First Two Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign