Former ABC exec Chad Hoffman has come aboard to spearhead television strategy for Lakeshore Entertainment as the indie film production, finance, sales, and distribution company moves into the small screen biz. Lakeshore’s TV division launches with a pair of shows. The Sebastian Maniscalo Project, recently sold to NBC through Sony Pictures Television, will be executive produced by Lakeshore. The company is also producing the pilot Blanco for Cinemax in association with Fox TV Studios, which Lakeshore Chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg is also producing. Lakeshore’s Gary Lucchesi will exec produce. As part of their expansion into TV, Lakeshore will look to solicit and develop new original materials and will tap their own film library for potential series adaptations. While at ABC Hoffman developed Twin Peaks, China Beach, and thirtysomething. He also exec produced Eerie, Indiana for Hearst Entertainment Productions before stints at Sony and start-up Permission TV.
Lakeshore Entertainment Launches TV Division, Sets Up First Two Projects
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years
- CAA Promotes Four In Sports, TV & Marketing Departments