Former ABC exec Chad Hoffman has come aboard to spearhead television strategy for Lakeshore Entertainment as the indie film production, finance, sales, and distribution company moves into the small screen biz. Lakeshore’s TV division launches with a pair of shows. The Sebastian Maniscalo Project, recently sold to NBC through Sony Pictures Television, will be executive produced by Lakeshore. The company is also producing the pilot Blanco for Cinemax in association with Fox TV Studios, which Lakeshore Chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg is also producing. Lakeshore’s Gary Lucchesi will exec produce. As part of their expansion into TV, Lakeshore will look to solicit and develop new original materials and will tap their own film library for potential series adaptations. While at ABC Hoffman developed Twin Peaks, China Beach, and thirtysomething. He also exec produced Eerie, Indiana for Hearst Entertainment Productions before stints at Sony and start-up Permission TV.
Lakeshore Entertainment Launches TV Division, Sets Up First Two Projects
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate
- 'NCIS' Security Guard's Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'