KTTV news director Kingsley Smith has resigned after two years on the job. Smith joined the Los Angeles Fox station in June 2011 from Fox’s WTXF Philadelphia, succeeding KTTVs longtime news director Jose Rios. He announced his departure to the KTTV newsroom yesterday afternoon. The station’s Assistant News Director Tom Searson will be filling in until a replacement is named. Search is already under way. “After 20 years with Fox Television Stations, Kingsley Smith has resigned from employment with the company and will be pursuing other opportunities,” KTTV General Manager Kevin Hale said in a statement. The move comes a day before the start of the November sweep. While not as crucial after the introduction of Local People Meters, the local sweeps are still important ratings periods where stations step up their efforts with an emphasis on human interest stories.
KTTV News Director Kingsley Smith Exits
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'