KTTV news director Kingsley Smith has resigned after two years on the job. Smith joined the Los Angeles Fox station in June 2011 from Fox’s WTXF Philadelphia, succeeding KTTVs longtime news director Jose Rios. He announced his departure to the KTTV newsroom yesterday afternoon. The station’s Assistant News Director Tom Searson will be filling in until a replacement is named. Search is already under way. “After 20 years with Fox Television Stations, Kingsley Smith has resigned from employment with the company and will be pursuing other opportunities,” KTTV General Manager Kevin Hale said in a statement. The move comes a day before the start of the November sweep. While not as crucial after the introduction of Local People Meters, the local sweeps are still important ratings periods where stations step up their efforts with an emphasis on human interest stories.
KTTV News Director Kingsley Smith Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Advises VA Secretary Nominee To Exit “Disgusting” Hearing Process After Postponement
- ‘American Princess’: Georgia Flood To Topline Lifetime Series From Jenji Kohan & Jamie Denbo; Lucas Neff & 3 More…
- ‘Armistead Maupin’s Tales Of The City’ Revival Gets Series Order At Netflix; Ellen Page Joins Cast
- ‘Sense8’ Series Finale Date Set By Netflix
- Steve Martin & Martin Short Netflix Comedy Special Gets Premiere Date – Update
- Fox 21 TV Studios Ups Nissa Diederich To EVP Production