KTTV news director Kingsley Smith has resigned after two years on the job. Smith joined the Los Angeles Fox station in June 2011 from Fox’s WTXF Philadelphia, succeeding KTTVs longtime news director Jose Rios. He announced his departure to the KTTV newsroom yesterday afternoon. The station’s Assistant News Director Tom Searson will be filling in until a replacement is named. Search is already under way. “After 20 years with Fox Television Stations, Kingsley Smith has resigned from employment with the company and will be pursuing other opportunities,” KTTV General Manager Kevin Hale said in a statement. The move comes a day before the start of the November sweep. While not as crucial after the introduction of Local People Meters, the local sweeps are still important ratings periods where stations step up their efforts with an emphasis on human interest stories.
KTTV News Director Kingsley Smith Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate