Kevin James has had a longstanding development deal with Sony Pictures that netted pics like Hitch, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and the Grown Ups movies as well as his CBS series The King Of Queens via Sony’s TV division. It was at Sony where James worked with now Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer, who oversaw Sony’s TV group during the creation, development and launch of that series, which netted James a Best Actor Comedy Emmy nom in 2006. He will continue that feature development deal and now is adding an overall pact with Lionsgate, the parties unveiled today. Under the agreement, Lionsgate will develop film and TV projects in which James will star as well as produce. “We’re delighted to be in the Kevin James business and, on a personal level, I’m pleased to reunite with my star from The King of Queens,” Feltheimer said announcing the tie-up. “Kevin is exactly the kind of versatile and entrepreneurial acting, producing and writing talent with whom we like to partner. He has a tremendous track record in both the film and TV business, and we look forward to partnering with him on a wide range of projects in the years to come.”
Kevin James Inks Film & TV Deal With Lionsgate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years