Kevin James has had a longstanding development deal with Sony Pictures that netted pics like Hitch, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and the Grown Ups movies as well as his CBS series The King Of Queens via Sony’s TV division. It was at Sony where James worked with now Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer, who oversaw Sony’s TV group during the creation, development and launch of that series, which netted James a Best Actor Comedy Emmy nom in 2006. He will continue that feature development deal and now is adding an overall pact with Lionsgate, the parties unveiled today. Under the agreement, Lionsgate will develop film and TV projects in which James will star as well as produce. “We’re delighted to be in the Kevin James business and, on a personal level, I’m pleased to reunite with my star from The King of Queens,” Feltheimer said announcing the tie-up. “Kevin is exactly the kind of versatile and entrepreneurial acting, producing and writing talent with whom we like to partner. He has a tremendous track record in both the film and TV business, and we look forward to partnering with him on a wide range of projects in the years to come.”
Kevin James Inks Film & TV Deal With Lionsgate
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'