EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development a multi-cam comedy from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos‘ Milojo Prods. The untitled project, written by former General Hospital: Nightshift head writer Sri Rao, centers on a free-spirited single mom who’s raising two kids in Brooklyn and running a small design company with three of her best friends. Things take a turn when her conservative 16-year-old son starts interning at her company, intent on transforming the family business into a global empire. Ripa, Consuelos and Rao will executive produce for ABC Studios. Milojo has been actively developing for ABC, most recently selling a comedy written by Peter Murrieta last season. The company also has a non-scripted project in the early stages of series production, as well as digital projects in development. This marks the second network sale for Rao this season. He also is penning The Black Widow for NBC as part of Electus’ 3-for-1 telenovela series deal with the network. He previously created and directed TeenNick’s What Goes On. On-screen, Ripa is hosting her popular syndicated talk show Live!, while Consuelos co-stars in the upcoming Amazon comedy series Alpha House.
Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos To Produce Mom Comedy For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'