EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development a multi-cam comedy from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos‘ Milojo Prods. The untitled project, written by former General Hospital: Nightshift head writer Sri Rao, centers on a free-spirited single mom who’s raising two kids in Brooklyn and running a small design company with three of her best friends. Things take a turn when her conservative 16-year-old son starts interning at her company, intent on transforming the family business into a global empire. Ripa, Consuelos and Rao will executive produce for ABC Studios. Milojo has been actively developing for ABC, most recently selling a comedy written by Peter Murrieta last season. The company also has a non-scripted project in the early stages of series production, as well as digital projects in development. This marks the second network sale for Rao this season. He also is penning The Black Widow for NBC as part of Electus’ 3-for-1 telenovela series deal with the network. He previously created and directed TeenNick’s What Goes On. On-screen, Ripa is hosting her popular syndicated talk show Live!, while Consuelos co-stars in the upcoming Amazon comedy series Alpha House.
Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos To Produce Mom Comedy For ABC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'