The President and CEO of Sony Corp has had a busy year, so he’s ringing in 2014 in Las Vegas — by delivering the opening speech at CES on January 7, that is. Kazuo Hirai has spoken recently about plans to revitalize his company’s electronics business, so he’ll have plenty to talk about at the annual consumer tech show. Expect to hear more about Sony’s new 4K Ultra HD video download service and its recent deal to carry Viacom’s channels on the Internet-based TV service the Japanese conglomerate is working on. Hirai will speak in the Venetian’s Palazzo Ballroom after Consumer Electronics Association CEO Gary Shapiro’s State of the Industry Address. International CES runs through January 10.
Sony’s Kazuo Hirai To Deliver Keynote At 2014 CES
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video