EXCLUSIVE: Kate Beckinsale is set to join Daniel Bruhl and Cara Delevingne in The Face Of An Angel, a drama that Michael Winterbottom will direct from a script by Paul Viragh. The film is based on the book Angel Face by Barbie Latza Nadeau, and the plot bears some resemblance to the travails of Amanda Knox. Knox is the American woman who, with a boyfriend, was convicted of killing her housemate in Italy, serving four years before her conviction was overturned. Here, Delevingne will play the suspect in a murder, and Beckinsale plays a journalist pursuing the case. Bruhl plays a documentary filmmaker who’s also trying to get to the bottom of things. The film begins production in Tuscany, Italy. BBC Films is backing the production and Melissa Parmenter is producing. Beckinsale, who’s repped by UTA and Media Talent Group’s Geyer Kosinski, most recently completed the Brad Anderson-directed Eliza Graves with Michael Caine, Ben Kingsley and Jim Sturgess.
Kate Beckinsale Joins Michael Winterbottom’s ‘The Face Of An Angel’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction