EXCLUSIVE: Kate Beckinsale is set to join Daniel Bruhl and Cara Delevingne in The Face Of An Angel, a drama that Michael Winterbottom will direct from a script by Paul Viragh. The film is based on the book Angel Face by Barbie Latza Nadeau, and the plot bears some resemblance to the travails of Amanda Knox. Knox is the American woman who, with a boyfriend, was convicted of killing her housemate in Italy, serving four years before her conviction was overturned. Here, Delevingne will play the suspect in a murder, and Beckinsale plays a journalist pursuing the case. Bruhl plays a documentary filmmaker who’s also trying to get to the bottom of things. The film begins production in Tuscany, Italy. BBC Films is backing the production and Melissa Parmenter is producing. Beckinsale, who’s repped by UTA and Media Talent Group’s Geyer Kosinski, most recently completed the Brad Anderson-directed Eliza Graves with Michael Caine, Ben Kingsley and Jim Sturgess.
Kate Beckinsale Joins Michael Winterbottom’s ‘The Face Of An Angel’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’
- Brad Grey Confirms Exit Of Adam Goodman At Paramount
- Shake-Up At Paramount? Adam Goodman In The Cross-Hairs
- Ang Lee Finds ‘Billy Lynn'; Eyeing Garrett Hedlund For Big Part?
- Ad Hominem Partner Jim Burke Courted To Be Focus Features Production President