EXCLUSIVE: John Corbett has been cast in Blumhouse and Universal‘s The Boy Next Door, about a recently divorced MILF (Jennifer Lopez) whose affair with the teenage neighbor kid goes very wrong. Corbett will play Lopez’s ex-husband in the pic, which The Fast and the Furious helmer Rob Cohen is in negotiations to direct. Kristin Chenoweth is also onboard playing Lopez’s best friend. The micro-budgeted drama/thriller is scripted by Barbara Curry and will shoot this fall in LA. Smart Entertainment and Nuyorican Productions are also producing, with Universal distributing the film as part of its first-look deal with Blumhouse. Corbett is repped by Gersh and Steve Lovett Management.
John Corbett Joins Blumhouse J. Lo Thriller ‘The Boy Next Door’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features