EXCLUSIVE: John Corbett has been cast in Blumhouse and Universal‘s The Boy Next Door, about a recently divorced MILF (Jennifer Lopez) whose affair with the teenage neighbor kid goes very wrong. Corbett will play Lopez’s ex-husband in the pic, which The Fast and the Furious helmer Rob Cohen is in negotiations to direct. Kristin Chenoweth is also onboard playing Lopez’s best friend. The micro-budgeted drama/thriller is scripted by Barbara Curry and will shoot this fall in LA. Smart Entertainment and Nuyorican Productions are also producing, with Universal distributing the film as part of its first-look deal with Blumhouse. Corbett is repped by Gersh and Steve Lovett Management.
John Corbett Joins Blumhouse J. Lo Thriller ‘The Boy Next Door’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
- Finance & Production Shingle Vega, Baby! Expands Into Distribution
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'