EXCLUSIVE: John Corbett has been cast in Blumhouse and Universal‘s The Boy Next Door, about a recently divorced MILF (Jennifer Lopez) whose affair with the teenage neighbor kid goes very wrong. Corbett will play Lopez’s ex-husband in the pic, which The Fast and the Furious helmer Rob Cohen is in negotiations to direct. Kristin Chenoweth is also onboard playing Lopez’s best friend. The micro-budgeted drama/thriller is scripted by Barbara Curry and will shoot this fall in LA. Smart Entertainment and Nuyorican Productions are also producing, with Universal distributing the film as part of its first-look deal with Blumhouse. Corbett is repped by Gersh and Steve Lovett Management.
John Corbett Joins Blumhouse J. Lo Thriller ‘The Boy Next Door’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump