EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures and Focus Features are negotiating with Jennifer Ehle to play the role of Carla in Fifty Shades Of Grey. Carla is the mother of Anastasia Steele, she’s a strong Southern woman on her fourth marriage. Dakota Johnson plays Anastasia and Charlie Hunnam plays Christian Grey in the Sam Taylor-Johnson directed adaptation of the EL James novel trilogy that is being produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti. Ehle recently wrapped the Jose Padilha-directed Robocop and the Alan Rickman-directed A Little Chaos. She was last seen most memorably in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty. She’s repped by ICM Partners.
Jennifer Ehle Joining ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ As Anastasia Steele’s Mother
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…