Just over 7 months after the former Today publicist was brought in as SVP Communications for CNN Worldwide, Jeff Zucker today added Chief Marketing Officer to Allison Gollust’s job titles. “As we put even greater emphasis in the year ahead on re-imagining our content, and in parallel, our brand, this is a key move in assuring our success,” said the CNN boss in a statement Tuesday. “Allison has a keen understanding of how every aspect of communications works together to tell a story – be it on the public relations side or in strategic marketing. Combining these two areas under one proven leader simply makes sense.” CNN’s former CMO Janet Rollie exited the job back in May. A long time Zucker loyalist, Gollust first started working with the exec in 1997 when he ran the NBC morning show. After leaving following Zucker out of NBCUniversal, Gollust served as communications director for NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo starting in late 2012 before rejoining her old boss in March of this year.
Jeff Zucker Promotes Allison Gollust To CNN’s CMO
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better