Just over 7 months after the former Today publicist was brought in as SVP Communications for CNN Worldwide, Jeff Zucker today added Chief Marketing Officer to Allison Gollust’s job titles. “As we put even greater emphasis in the year ahead on re-imagining our content, and in parallel, our brand, this is a key move in assuring our success,” said the CNN boss in a statement Tuesday. “Allison has a keen understanding of how every aspect of communications works together to tell a story – be it on the public relations side or in strategic marketing. Combining these two areas under one proven leader simply makes sense.” CNN’s former CMO Janet Rollie exited the job back in May. A long time Zucker loyalist, Gollust first started working with the exec in 1997 when he ran the NBC morning show. After leaving following Zucker out of NBCUniversal, Gollust served as communications director for NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo starting in late 2012 before rejoining her old boss in March of this year.
Jeff Zucker Promotes Allison Gollust To CNN’s CMO
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest TV News
- Michael Wolff To Trevor Noah On Donald Trump: “Yeah, He’s Stupid”
- ITN Productions Eyes U.S. Expansion, Preps California ‘House Of Horrors’, Meghan Markle And Trump Docs
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Authority Says “Not In The Public Interest”; Hints Disney Could Help
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order By…