EXCLUSIVE: Jason Statham has been working up a storm in serious films, but he’s taking time to go back to the comic roots that launched his career with Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. I’m told that Statham has met with director Paul Feig and that talks will start soon for him to join Melissa McCarthy in Fox‘s Susan Cooper. That comedy, which puts Feig and McCarthy back together after they did the hits Bridesmaids and The Heat, casts her as an unlikely secret agent. Statham will play a spy on the same side, if the deal makes. He’ll next be seen with James Franco in Homefront, and he just wrapped The Expendables 3. Statham is just beginning work on The Fast & The Furious 7. He’s repped by CAA and managed by Steve Chasman.
Jason Statham Eyes Spy Role With Melissa McCarthy In Fox Comedy ‘Susan Cooper’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start